The Registration & Compliance Operations (RCO) organization is responsible for making Amazon the safest and most trusted place on Earth by protecting the innocent and deterring the ‘ill-intentioned’. Protecting the interests of the end users is our top priority, balancing being compliant and giving a great customer experience. Our team achieves this objective through a combination of automated and manual investigations of the seller transactions on our marketplace. The Sr. Operations Manager for RCO will lead a large multi-sites, multi-lingual (350-400 HC) and global teams responsible for the operational delivery for our Registration & Compliance Operations programs & processes. For this role, we are looking for an exceptional leader with strong leadership, analytical, managerial, interpersonal, and project management skills. This leader will be a Functional Leader & owner for one of our Registration & Compliance Operations program & process, supported by our global RCO Operational team. This role will supervise multiple Operations Managers, Investigations Managers and Program managers responsible for specific Registration & Compliance Operations programs. As a functional leader, this individual will be responsible for working very closely with global program & business owners, product and tech teams to design, implement and execute strategies to deliver on all the program and organizational goals, building and demonstrating a deep functional knowledge and expertise.
Working with different teams including Global Process Owners, Process Excellence, Ops Analytics, this leader will be responsible for identifying and delivering with his team process improvement initiatives focused on delivering to our improved quality, productivity/cost and customer experience goals, as well as building a culture of continuous process improvement within his team. As Sr. Operations leader, the individual will be encouraging a culture of innovation and experimentation at every level of the organization. This leader should also be viewed as change leader, building effective strategies and mechanisms to lead his teams through changes and influence stakeholder groups. As Sr. Operations manager, this individual will also be responsible for leading global initiatives across entire our Registration & Compliance Operations organization.
This position requires a strong blend of operations performance and people management skills with the ability to conduct in-depth analyses, champion strategic ideas/opportunities to execution, identify strategic opportunities and hire and build a management team. The position is global in scope and requires a high level of interaction with the other Operations teams located in North America, Europe and Asia.
· Responsible for setting the vision, direction and execution of all key deliverables of the function
· Review operational metrics regularly with leadership and provide detailed understanding of business performance for the function, as well as detailed action plan when goals are not met
· Hire, develop and lead a large, culturally diverse team focused on employee success, growth, and development.
· Demonstrable experience delivering strong operational performance, excellent project management skills and appropriate technical aptitude.
· Develop long-term department strategies and significantly influence the cross-company project development and delivery processes and standards
· Works with global stakeholders to ensure sufficient capacity exists to meet often-changing volumes of investigation
· Drive operational efficiencies working with other Compliance teams to improve processes and procedures
· Contribute to the overall strategic goals through thought leadership, collaboration and personal contributions
· Ability to design and lead large organizational structures across multiple geographies and cultures
· Brings industry perspective to decision making and assesses decisions within a strong business context
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all organizational levels and are capable of writing and owning large, complex documents
· Demonstrated ability to build a culture of accountability, innovation, experimentation and continuous improvement
· Minimum of 12+ years of people management and operations leadership experience, to include four years in a Senior management role in a fast paced operating environment
· Previous experience leading large teams to high levels of performance
· Proven ability to understand and manage complex systems
· Experience Program/Project management skills necessary
· Demonstrated sincere passion and obsession for customers while maintaining a lean, highly productive operation
· Previous experience of creating and contributing to strategic planning processes
· Proven ability to own and manage a Cost Center / P&L budgets
· Strong ability to source and analyze data to drive business strategies and decisions
· Coaching and leadership skills that bring out the best of the team
· Proven experience across the domain of Compliance, Risk Management preferred
· Advanced certificated like Six Sigma preferred
· MBA preferred